Peach Sherbet

I made this recipe without any variations. It is promising enough that I will try variations in the future but I will not be making it exactly the way the recipe reads again. The flavor was only just okay. Though of course this is highly dependent on the quality of fruit you use so maybe I'll try again later in the summer when I can get better peaches. 






Also, I think that orange juice may not be the optimal choice of liquid for this recipe... I found that it really overwhelmed the peach flavor. Also, plan to eat this straight from churning because if you try to "harden" it first (as most ice cream maker instructions will advise you to do) it develops a really icy texture. Right after churning it has the beautifully silky, smooth consistancy that I want from sorbet. My guess would be that there may be a little too much water (from the juice) in the recipe so the freezing temperature of the sorbet is too high. Less juice might result in a smoother consistancy after hardening.

Get the recipe here >> Peach Sherbet @ savingdessert.com